Fall Festival this Saturday
10/24/2015, 10 am to 6 pm
- Stop by and go for a Hay Ride, Pick your Pumpkin, & take the little ones through the “Spooky Maze”!
- Pumpkin Painting
- Hazelman Farms will be here with Chickens!
- 1 pm Fermentation Class. With Herbalist Morrie Shafer
Fermentation is one of the oldest food preservation techniques known to humankind. In recent years, fermentation has enjoyed a revival among ‘foodies’ and those interested in the health-promoting benefits of ‘ferments.’ Using simple ingredients like water, salt, and vegetables, we will make sauerkraut, Korean kimchi, and gingered carrots. We will discuss the history and benefits of eating fermented foods. Come learn how easy and safe this is to do in the home kitchen! $10.00
- Saturday we are Carving Pumpkins for the PUMPKIN JAMBOREE in Kinnelon held on October 25th at 4 pm at Kinnelon High School, benefitting Push to Walk, the non-profit group working with people with Spinal Cord Injuries. Bring your own Tools, but make your mess here!
- Winter is coming! We are collecting coats for the Market Street Mission for the needy this weekend only.